About Hausa Wikimedia
Wikimedia Hausa is a registered organization in Nigeria established to support volunteers in the Hausa-speaking region who work on Wikimedia projects.
Who are we?
We are committed volunteers to Wikimedia educational projects such as Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, etc; and we work to increase participation and understanding of free knowledge. To achieve our objective, we have these strategies:
- Increase content (in quality and quantity) and for this we organize several projects.
- Build and sustain communities and editor base: We support contributors in their individual or collective level, by offering human, financial and material resources.
- We forge partnerships with mission-aligned organizations such as NGOs, colleges and universities to widen the reach of our activities.
- Increase the skills of community members: We offer trainings, and retrainings throughout the year..
Joining the Hausa Wikimedia association means showing your active support for free knowledge and in particular for Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
- you show your support for Wikimedia Hausa and give it more weight in its relations with its interlocutors;
- you participate in the various events and meetings organized by the association
- you are informed of association's activities, programs and schedules;
- you can be supported by the association during projects, for example data support program and other organizational support
- you can also interact and share ideas with other members through our social media groups and discussion lists.